Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Mint Chocolate Cookies




A few years ago, I thought I would surprise a friend with baked goods for her birthday. I prefer to bake cakes but all my googling told me that cookies would be better to mail. I decided on something chocolate plus Nutella since she loves chocolate and has been known to eat a jar of Nutella in a short amount of time. Ha. As I searched for recipes, I also realised that she shared her birthday with World Nutella Day. Perfect, really.

I made her three things - Nutella Lava cookies, Nutella Biscotti and Whattalottachoca Cookies. Of the three, I loved the Nutella Lava Cookies the most and made them several times since, with and without the Nutella. I don't know which my friend (would have) liked the most because the package never made it to her. Over a month later, it was returned to me. She never got the notification to pick it up and it just sat there and languished in the post office until they decided to send it back.

When I first saw this Chocolate Party over on Roxana's Home Baking, I knew immediately that I wanted to make these cookies. But I didn't want to fill them with Nutella. Caramel? Dulce de leche? I had been using that a lot lately. And then it hit me - mint chocolate!

I LOVE these little mint chocolate cookies and I hope you will too. So do you have a favourite chocolate recipe? Bring your favorite chocolate dessert to Roxana’s home baking #chocolateparty and win amazing prizes from OXOCalphalonKeurigImperial SugarHoney Ridge Farmsand Land O Lakes® Butter



MINT CHOCOLATE COOKIES                                               Print
Recipe by:  Kelster  Adapted from: Cookie Madness
Yield: approximately 16 cookies
Ingredients
3 T Butter
2/3 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 C Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips
1 Egg, large
1/3 C Sugar
1 t vanilla
¾ C  Flour
½ t Salt
¼ t Baking Powder


Directions
Melt butter over low heat then stir in chocolate and mint chips until melted. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Whisk egg, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl for two minutes then slowly incorporate into cooled chocolate mixture. Be sure to whisk constantly so as not to curdle egg.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt then fold into chocolate mixture.
Chill for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 375 F
Scoop 1 tablespoon balls and place on baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Emjoy!
Notes You can make these cookies as large as you want! I went with small bites this time. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment