Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Pear and Pepper Scones - Crazy Ingredient Challenge



Our winning ingredients for this month of the Crazy Ingredient Challenge is something sweet - pear - and something spicy - red pepper flakes. I've used the pear + pepper combination before so I knew that I would love this.

Two teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes does not make these extra spicy but there are some bites that will have more of a kick than others. Please note that I love spicy food so my tolerance is high.


Pear and Pepper Scones

Ingredients
1 1//2 cups grams flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8T butter
1 pear, chopped
6 T milk


Directions
Preheat oven to 375F.
Mix together flour, sugar, red pepper flakes, baking powder, and salt. Cut the butter into the flour mixture so that the mixture appears crumbly. Stir in the chopped pear. Add the milk and stir until just combined.
Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Pat into a 6 inch circle. Cut into 6 wedges and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake 25 minutes.




post signature


3 comments:

  1. They sound wonderful Kelly, I think I will settle for 1 t. of pepper flakes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to come up with a baked item for this challenge but nothing came to me. So glad you found a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used the ingredients in a baking recipe. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete